Monday, March 26, 2012

Thesis submission

Just a week ago I finally submitted my thesis "Study of the mutual interactions of basic amyloidogenic peptides with polyanions". A last near-all-nighter (well, I got 3 hours shut-eye), and it was done. All I had to do was to convert a massive (35 MB) word document into a bound paper copy.
I spend a horrible Monday just printing that thing on our slow lab HP Laserjet 2605dn. Once more that thing was seriously struggling with printing any embedded image files because of its limited memory. If a image resolution of 300 ppi is seen as "high quality for printing" standard, why does it take more time to print the 15 full-page figures than the rest of the thesis? That should be easily done ... well, it is another Apple Mac OS X printer driver problem. Their printer drivers are quite bad in general.

My thesis before binding: 2 copies in the paper box, 1 on top, and two copies of thesis summary and thesis submission form.

The binding could not be done on the same day anymore, but stroke 9:00 on Tuesday morning (20/03/2012) I submitted two bound copies of my thesis and two copies each of the thesis submission form and the thesis summary form. The most anticlimactic ending for a thesis imaginable.
Relief and relaxation came only on the following weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment